Tuesday, September 27, 2016

WRAP-UP

So I’m home now and I feel like it was absolutely worth it.  When I compare that my 6 months of once a week therapy cost around $3600, and my Nihue Rao trip cost about the same (including travel), was only 10 days, and WAY more effective… it’s a no brainer.  



What I have gained from this experience:
  • I am more in touch with my emotions
  • I now have a genuine sense of self love and esteem
  • I no longer feel like i need to be in a relationship in order to be happy
  • I feel better about my divorce (though I need a little more work on it)
  • My fear and anxiety levels are way lower
  • I no longer have a death wish, yet I still don't fear it
  • I am in general a lot happier and more positive


Down side:
  • I seem to have misplaced about 20 lbs. (Ugh… that’s going to be difficult to get back.)

I would encourage anyone with issues related to trauma, depression, anxiety, anger, addiction or any other kind of personal demons (which is basically everyone), to partake in a traditional ayahuasca ceremony.  Nihue Rao is a fantastic place to do it.  Check out their site at nihuerao.com.  Even if you don’t do it there, do it somewhere.  Personally I’d choose a place that has a shaman, not a place where they just give you the ayahuasca and leave you on your own.  The energy manipulation and singing that the shamans do is a very important part of the process.  Not to mention access to the plant medicines.


Best of luck to you all, and know that there actually is hope.

*EDIT*
I don't mean to give the impression that I'm all better and this is the end of that journey.  It is just the beginning for me.  While I do feel way better, I recognize I still need more work.  I already plan on doing it again when my work schedule settles down.  Some people are able to lick their problems with just a few ceremonies.  On the other hand some people go for months at a time.  It all depends on the person and what issues they're dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment